Monday 3 May 2010

THE PILE


Nobody saw us coming, nobody could ever guess that Dandelion Book Club would be this freaky, this bookaholic and this cool! Yes, we're so awesome!! ^^

This are my friends, this are the freaky friends of mine with whom I share my book love and my freakyness (does this word exist??). We are Dandelion Book Club and last Sunday we bought our first book to read: Wicked by Gregory Maguire (which we have two months to read and comment). My, the look from the women that sold us all the books was pretty horrible, she probably thought it was a joke... we took photos in the middle of the stand sorrounded by passers by that looked us just like the seller-lady. Oh, but we were so happy!!!!!!!!

We arrived at Buenos Aires around 12 and since then we didn't stopped to anything else but to look, search and buy books. The Book Fair (didn't mention that it was there where we were) was pretty crowed and we got lost from each other like a thousand times going here and there all the time but... we managed to buy a lot of good books, cheap ones, and laugh from each other's freaky shouts in the middle of everything. I was a great great great day, even though after we left our feet felt like exploding, the days was one the best ever.

And the books I bought were, well, THE BEST!!! I bought almost everything that was on The List I did... I found such treasures!!! ^^ My, I think in a moment I really freaked out and shout of happiness and excitement... XD

Oh, but the best part was when we sat in the resting hall and made a huuuuuge pile of all the books we bought!!! Everyone was looking at us like we were crazy but it was so much fun, SO MUCH FUN!! And after that, a little girl took a photo of us, of Dandelion Book Club, of us freaks!!

So, thanks girls for the awesome day, for the laughs and for being as freak and lovely as you are!



Books I bought:
-Wicked by Gregory Maguire
-Cirque du Freak by Darren Shan
-Ivanhoe by Sir Walter Scott
-Wuthering Hights by Emily Brönte
-The lovely bones by Alice Sebold
-The City of Ember by Jeanne DuPrau
-James and the Giant Peach by Roald Dahl
-The October country by Ray Bradury
-A series of Unfortunate events: A bad beginning by Lemony Snicket

Bookaholics at the Book Fair:
(three girls at the top from right to left)
-Agos
-Bisho
-Mels
(six girls in the floor from right to left)
-Meer
-myself
-Meli
-Mara
-Maca
-Suki

Alright, gotta go now and finish a loooot of homework from Uni.

What I've lear today: It's no fun to semi-fall sleep standing in the bus, no fun!

XOXO
Safi


PS: I love you Dandelion's Book Club girls!

No comments:

Post a Comment